Become a CERTIFIED RESPIRATORY EDUCATOR or a CERTIFIED ASTHMA EDUCATOR.
Click here to learn about our Respiratory Training and Educator Course (RESPTREC®) The goal of the program is to provide health care professionals with the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to empower people and their caregivers to optimally manage their chronic disease. Courses are offered online and in-class.
RESPTREC is the only program which has been reviewed and endorsed by:
- The Lung Association
- The Canadian Thoracic Society
- The Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals
- The Family Physicians Airway Group of Canada
Development of the RESPTREC courses has included expert representatives from all disciplines. The courses are robust, comprehensive, and align with current practice guidelines. Our courses are also approved by The Canadian Network for Respiratory Care (CNRC) as pre-requisite courses for the national certification exam.
RESPTREC is an important resource for building and enhancing competencies, skills and knowledge towards becoming effective educators and valued members of an integrated environment of chronic disease management care. Our continuing education opportunities provide RESPTREC students with lifelong mentorship and learning.
The courses provide the highest standard of training in asthma, COPD and education for learners who wish to challenge The Canadian Network for Respiratory Care (CNRC) national certification exam. A skills-based spirometry course is also part of our family of programs. A diploma is issued upon successful completion of each course.
Upcoming Winnipeg Courses:
- Spirometry Course: January 12 (Registration deadline - December 12)
- COPD Course: February 8 (Registration deadline - January 4)
- Spirometry Course: April 27 (Registration deadline - May 27)
- Education Course: May 11 (Registration deadline - April 2)
- Spirometry Course: September 21 (Registration deadline - August 21)