Dear Manitoba Quits Participant,
We want to congratulate each and every person who took part in this year's contest. We know how difficult quitting smoking can be - it takes courage to tackle this addiction. We also congratulate those of you who successfully have quit smoking but whose names were not drawn. You may not get the cash prize but, in the long run, you will win back your health and put cash back in your pocket.
- Meaghan Allen, 27 years old from Selkirk Manitoba has been quit for 2 ½ months. She had quit once before for 1 ½ years and like many people started again. She was motivated by a book she recently read by Alan Carr and highly recommends his psychological approach and his relapse advice. Her quit buddy was her husband James Hoard who has also quit (1 month). Both are happy to be smoke-free especially because of their lovely six month old baby.
- Michael Matczuk, 37 years old of Winnipeg, was motivated to quit smoking when he realized that his health was not as good as it could be. Before quitting he started taking Yoga classes and it was during these classes that he decided try to become smoke-free. His Father Serge Matczuk was his Quit Buddy and was an example to Michael since he had already stopped smoking cigars a few months earlier.
- Cheryl Reid, 24 years old of Thompson Manitoba quit smoking 2 days before the May 1 quit date. She and her Quit Buddy, husband Peter Lennon, are expecting their first child and that was motivation enough for both of them. They have both stayed smoke-free since May 1.
- Chris Hurl, 32, of Winnipeg was motivated to become smoke-free because of the prospect of becoming a father for the first time. He and his wife, Shaylene Hurl (his Quit Buddy) are expecting their baby any day now and both are glad that they will be having the baby in a smoke-free home and as non-smoking parents.
- Kevyn Mazur, 41 of of Oakbank, Manitoba has been smoke-free since just before the May 1 quit date and is very pleased to be one of the winners since he and his fiancée (Quit Buddy Jodi Storozinski) will be getting married this August. We wish them all the best.
We encourage them and everyone else who has completed to stay smoke-free for good. Keep Trying!
A Division of the Sanatorium Board of Manitoba
Charitable Registration Number
(BN) 107952798 RR0001
Canada Revenue Agency www.cra.gc.ca/charities
Toll Free: 1-888-566-5864
Comments or suggestions?